Alcohol use, smoking, and sedentary life overcharge the cardiovascular system. In this context, vital organs like the lungs and heart work at inadequate paces to recover the damage caused by recurrent systemic intoxication. This process affects the heart's functioning and structures because of the composition of toxic substances present in these products.
Health consequences because of smoking, alcohol use, and sedentary life:
- Heart attacks cause early deaths in people under 60 years old.
- Plaque formation of fat and toxins in blood vessels and heart structures (called atherosclerosis).
- High blood pressure can lead to coronary heart disease because of the narrowed track and flow caused by smoking chemicals.
- Inadequate blood flow blocked by fat tissue in the vessels can interrupt blood irrigation to the brain, so this causes a life-threatening event called a stroke.
- Constant alcohol use also overcharges the heart because of the unsafe functioning at unbalanced paces. Alcohol composition can depress the system leading to hormone dysfunctions and heart diseases.
- Sedentary life results in a weaker heart and low muscle activity, so a lifetime without exercising increases the chances of a heart attack, hypertension, and cardiac insufficiency.
- Alcohol drinking can increase diabetes development, and this disease is a risk factor for health and body functions.
Recommendations to promote healthy habits and protect the heart's health:
- Smoking is a social habit with negative health effects, so looking for health assistance programs to get help to stop smoking is essential to heart disease prevention.
- New smoking devices like pods and vapers are still under scientific investigation. No conclusions about benefits but there is some evidence about possible harmful effects on the lungs and heart. That said, looking for help to stop smoking is more in your interest.
- Alcohol drinking is underestimated as a health condition and demands extra attention. Balanced life choices and non-alcoholic social moments are essential to avoiding alcoholic dependency.
- Physical activity should be diverse and must attend to personal capacities. Exploring activities like dancing, group workout, and outdoor exercises are a great way to become more active.
- Healthy nutrition is crucial for the heart's health. Fresh recipes and cooking at home are protective factors for your heart maintenance and overall health.